Cooking this meal after a long time away from Foodiedame’s kitchen was a soul-wakening activity for me. The potato porridge turned out really nice and delicious. And, since I’m a good friend, I want you to try it too. It is the best potato recipe for weight loss.
I got the inspiration of this recipe from a meal I saw BBNaija2018 winner, Miracle, prepare during the reality show. The recipe was something like this but I couldn’t really remember. So, I used my own initiative and made a twist.
Also, just incase you want a potato recipe with egg, fish and all your favorite belly trimming ingredients in it, this recipe is for you.
So, how did I go about preparing the best potato recipe for weight loss?
- Potatoes (I couldn't use a standard measurement. But the diced potatoes filled the regular soup bowl (as seen in the recipe description))
- 3 medium size tomatoes
- 1 big green pepper
- 1 medium size onions
- 1 Tsp powdered Cameroon pepper (if the pepper is too hot for you, reduce the quantity by half)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cooking spoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Stock cubes knorr
- Dried fish to taste
- Wash, peel potatoes and dice into biteable sizes. Rinse potato cubes into a pot, add water and 1/4tsp salt.
- Set potato on cooker and cook al dente (till edible).
- While potato is cooking, wash and dice tomatoes, onions and green pepper, and set aside.
- Clean the fish and set aside as well.
- Once done, drain potato and keep aside.
- Dry a clean sauce pan or pot (I used one pot for the entire cooking process) and add 1 cooking spoon of vegetable oil of choice. Also, add 1/4 of the black pepper.
- When the oil is quite hot, pour in the veggies, starting with the onions and ending with the green pepper, giving each veggie about 1minute to cook before adding the next. This is to allow the veggies adequately cook and softened.
- After adding the green pepper, add the salt, stock cubes, fish and 1/2 spoon of black pepper leaving you with 1/4 for the egg. Stir sauce properly and allow to cook for 2minutes.
- Within these 2minutes, break eggs, add remaining quarter portion black pepper, salt and some of the stock cube to your taste.