I was going through my gallery when I found the pictures I snapped the last time I prepared the Chinese fried rice that I took at a restaurant months back. I’ve posted my Chinese restaurant gist here before so, I won’t bore you with it again. The last time I posted about it, I dropped just the recipe of the soup without the rice recipe. You can read the recipe here ‘cabbage carrot prawn sauce recipe and if you are making this rice, I strongly recommend that you take it with the sauce.
“Dami, I really loved the Chinese fried rice. I love the sauce more. I wish we could replay the moment” – My pregnant aunt.
Salma also had some Chinese fried rice and egg at Uncle D’s restaurant in Abuja and she couldn’t resist consuming everything. You should read about her experience at the restaurant; Dinner with the girls at uncle D’s Abuja
The combined taste of the rice and the sauce is heavenly! And the meal is a nutritious one with protein, vitamins and phytonutrients from vegetables.
Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice Long grain
- 1 Large Green pepper
- 5 Green peas
- 2 Stems Spring onions
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Medium size Eggs You can use three if you really love eggs
- 1 Tsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp Ginger paste
- 3 Tsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tsp Vegetable oil
- 3 Stock cubes Add according to discretion and taste
- 1/4 tsp salt Add according to your discretion and taste
- Cook rice ensuring it's not sticky, drain and set aside
- While preparing rice, chop green pepper, green pea, spring onions and white onions. Set aside
- Set sauce pan on cooker, heat about one cooking spoonful oil, break eggs, season with salt and fry. Remove when it's done and set aside.
- Add about two cooking spoonful of oil to the sauce pan again and heat. When it's hot, pour in the green pepper and onions to fry for about three minutes
- Add in the spring onions, green peas, garlic and Ginger paste, soy sauce and other seasonings like salt, stock cube and ground pepper.
- Mix properly and allow to fry for about four minutes.
- Once that is done, add the rice and egg to the veggie stir fry in batches of about three spoonful per time. Stir in the rice until colour is even and all ingredients have been properly incorporated.