Pounded yam is a native food in Nigeria which can be prepared with the use of a food processor instead of mortar and pestle. Read the recipe below as a guide to preparing pounded yam with a Food Processor.
How to Prepare Pounded Yam with Food Processor
- Water for boiling
- Peel the yam and cut into cubes.
- Wash and put inside a pot for boiling.
- Fill the pot with water just to the level of the yams, not more than the yams.
- Set the yam to cook on medium-high heat for 20-25minutes. Then, check the doneness and once ready, reduce heat level to very low just enough to maintain the warmth of yam.
- While the yam is cooking, wash, set appropriately and prepare your food processor.
- While the yam remains on low heat, put just as much yam to fill 4/5 of the bowl of the processor. Don't fill to the brim.
- Put the power on and turn control switch to highest. Run the machine intermittently for about 5 minutes to have a finely pounded yam.
- Carefully scrape out the pounded yam and serve as desired.