Pancake is one of my favorite foods and I have eaten all different kinds of it. I have tasted the Nigerian pancake that has pepper and onions in it and I have had crepes; the flat pancakes. In fact, I love crepes the most. However, after many variations in my recipe, I recently made one that seems to be the best of all. Thus, I am sharing this recipe of how to prepare the best pancake with you.
Pancake is a flat pastry, often thin and round, prepared from a batter that usually contains eggs, milk, flour and butter. This batter is cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan.
In previous times, chefs and other pancake makers would grease their frying pans before frying pancakes. But, the invention of non-stick pot has made greasing of pan unnecessary. If you have a non-stick frying pan, you simply have to pour some of the batter you’ve made into the pan and fry.
It is a perfect breakfast that can be scooped up in minutes. It can be served and enjoyed with fruits and syrups. It is a starchy- based food rich with lot of carbohydrates. According to USDA data, one medium pancake made from scratch with plain flour provides 93 calories, 2 grams of protein, 15 grams of carbohydrate, 0 grams of fiber and 2 grams of sugar. That is enough calories and nutrients to supply you with just as much energy as you need to carry out a few tasks before lunch.
So, how do you prepare this awesome and perfect pancake?
How to Prepare Heart Warming Pancake
- 1/2 heaped cup Flour
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/8 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Water
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, crack the egg and whisk.
- In another bowl, 1/3 cup of powdered milk and half of the water. After mixing properly, pour the whisked egg into the milk and stir.
- Add the 1/8 cup of oil or 1 tablespoon of melted margarine to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- After that, add 1/8 cup of sugar, one teaspoon of baking powder, a pinch of salt and the 1/2 cup of flour into the milk and egg mixture.
- Mix each dry ingredient into the batter slowly until you have a smooth and runny batter.
- At this point, the batter will be a little too thick to give us the exact kind of pancake we want. Thus, add the remaining cup of water, mix thoroughly and set batter aside.
- Dry your non-stick frying pan and set the frying pan on low heat.
- Once it's hot, pour some amount of pancake batter into the pan. Just about 2-3 table spoons of batter. That should form a circle of just the exact size that you would be able to flip over. Leave the batter to cook for about 20- 30seconds.
- As it's cooking, you'll see air bubbles appearing on the it. After 20- 30secs of which the lower part of the pancake would have turned golden brown, gently lift the pancake with a spatula and flip it over (turn the face down) so that the initially upper part can also cook. Leave for another 30secs.
- After this 30 secs, your pancake should be ready. Using your spatula, remove the pancake and put in a plate.
- Repeat steps 8- 10 for the remaining batter until it's all exhausted.
- Once done, serve pancake with fruits and any syrup of your choice.