Granola is a healthy, comforting, and delicious treat that can be served as snack. It can either be made into bars, cookies or shredded bits as will be done with this recipe. The ingredients for this basic granola recipe include wheat, oat, coconut, honey and raisins are highly nutritious foods that are beneficial to the body.
Whole wheat and oat are full of fiber, high in protein, and contain vitamins and minerals like folate, iron, and magnesium.
Coconut supplies a high amount of saturated fat and carbohydrates as well as dietary minerals such as manganese, iron, phosphorus, and zinc.
Honey is composed of 17% water and 82% carbohydrates, with quite an amount of fat, dietary fiber, and protein.
Raisins are dried grapes and they contain protein and dietary fiber.
Considering all the nutrients contained in its ingredients, it’s not debatable to say that granola is of high nutritional value and should be consumed often. Because granola is not often available in every store, it is a good thing to know how to make it. That way, you don’t go running from stores to stores searching for granola when the ingredients are readily available and the process is not so hard.
So, how do you prepare granola?
How to Make Easy Granola Recipe with Quick Oats
- 1.5 kg wheat
- 1 1/2 cup oat
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 big coconut
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup healthy cooking oil
- Preheat the oven to 300º F.
- Blend the wheat grains into fine powder and pour into a mixing bowl. Set aside and break coconut carefully, pouring and storing the water in a cup. Grate the coconut into another container.
- With your hand, mix oat into the wheat until mixture appears even. By even, I mean that the texture of the mixture should feel smooth all through. The hard texture of the oat should have blended well into the flour. Add the grated coconut and raisins, mix in until even. Add coconut water; mix till even. Add honey, cooking oil and mix until the ingredients are adequately incorporated in honey giving a rough sticky paste.
- The mixture should look like what's in the picture below.
- Grease oven pan with oil and shred the granola paste into small bits into the pan (You can shred into any desired shape and size).
- Place pans into oven and bake for 15minutes.
- Cool before serving or storing. Ganola can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.